SMITH TO HOST ON-CAMPUS REUNIONS IN 2022 – THAT MEANS US!
It’s all happening! Our 50th Reunion will be on the Smith College campus on Thursday, May 12, to Sunday, May 15, 2022, the same weekend as Commencement. Please mark your calendar.
Reunion Co-chairs Cathy Roberts and Nancy Roth Remington will send details about the event and program in the coming months.
If you haven’t done so already, please visit the portal for our 50th Reunion Book at smith72.org to update your profile, add personal remembrances to the In Memoriam section, and add your essay as soon as convenient. Ellen Maloff Case, Book Editor, will send periodic updates to let you know where we are.
Your House Connector will be in touch with you about upcoming Zoom calls. Mary Lindley Burton, Class Connector, and Ann Chipley Playe, Assistant to the Class Connector, and the House Connectors are working hard to reconnect us all in 2021.
We can’t wait to see you in 2022
In the past year we’ve connected in new ways. Before 2020 how many of us “attended” conferences or weddings online, had Zoom cocktails or meals with family/friends, “met” a grandchild or heard full concerts in our own homes? For classmates far and near to celebrate our 50th together, we’ll need to use our new skills – and for this we need your help:
- GoPro: do you have one, can you or a classmate use it
- Zoom: ever hosted a meeting, set up small groups, shared your screen?
- Smart phone videos: want to shoot & share videos of campus, meals, talks, friends?
- Help before or at Reunion, on campus or online: how about joining the Reunion Team?
REUNION PLANNING, FOCUSED & FLEXIBLE – Winter –> Summer 2021
- Created Draft Reunion Schedule: long weekend of activities, meals, reconnecting
- Zooms: Houses, Reunion Team, Program; this Fall maybe add travel, careers, hobbies…
- Reunion Book: 350-400 pages; information on creating your entries coming soon
- Questionnaire: to get ideas, feedback, preferences; look for an email in late Spring
CONFIRMED: Final Dinner & Dancing to oldies. Tell us your favorite songs of our era.
NEW PHOTO GALLERY, Class of ’72 Website. Your Smith photos ’68-’72 & Reunions
REUNION TEAM CHAIRS/CO-CHAIRS (more names coming)
Class President & Reunion Coach: Melissa Hield
Reunion Co-Chairs: Nancy Roth Remington & Cathy Roberts
Food/Final Evening Gala: Lisa Barlow
Headquarters/Welcome: Jane Wierdsma Forbes & Kristy Barclay
House Connectors: Mary Burton
In Memoriam Service: Kate Sonderegger
Parade: Maggie MacDonald
Program: Nancy RR & Cathy R
Reunion Book: Ellen Case, Editor
Swag: Kay Balun
Transportation/Accessibility: Debby Markewich Lazarus
Webmaster/Facebook: Beth Sobiloff & Maggie MacDonald
WANT TO HELP & START REUNION EARLY? PLEASE CONTACT:
Nancy (Cambridge, MA) * 404-432-8402
Cathy (Nevada City, CA) * 801-597-4263
Reunion Planning Meeting March 2019